February 28, 2011

Estée Lauder Signature Lipsticks



If you live in Portugal and you love fashion and magazines then you'll know that in January, Vogue Portugal surprised us with some awesome Estée Lauder Lipsticks as a gift. I live in Lisbon and it was chaos to get these lipsticks, because they were all sold out! Luckily, I got my hands into two copies (both a gift from my mom and my ex) and I was really excited with the shades and the amazing quality lipsticks! The shades that I choose were 53 Cranberry and 13 Cocoa Rose.

Cocoa Rose

(I'm sorry for the non make-up face and messy hair ahaha)

This is my all time favorite lipstick at the moment. It looks like a bold color, but it's really natural as you can see from the picture above. You can build up the color, but it will always look subtle. This is the perfect shade for me. It's an everyday color yet it can be worn on a night out and you can still rock the evening look. It has a satin finish and doesn't dry out your lips.

Cranberry


Cranberry is the perfect Marilyn Monroe lip. It's really long lasting but doesn't dry out or make your lips flaky. It's not a subtle shade like Cocoa Rose, even though is a softer red it will always show up as a blood red color on your lips... It's beautiful. You can always soften it with some lipgloss over it, that's what I do when I'm trying to reach a more natural look.

Overall, these are great lipsticks that I would definitely splurge just for the quality, so thank you Vogue!
I would love to know which are your favorite lipstick brands! xoxo* 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the dark shade better. which is surprising cause usually not many can rock it. Both colors looked amazing.

Hanna said...

oeh i love this post! the cranberry is so stunning!!

Marissa said...

The Cocoa Rose is so beautiful on you! If I were you, I'd never take it off. :)

Marissa said...

The Cocoa Rose is so beautiful on you! If I were you, I'd never take it off. :)

Ashley said...

that cranberry color is FANTASTIC! i think ive been convinced! usually I use Revlon...

Kim Axani said...

I love that gold packaging! I don't think I have seen these lipsticks here in Canada, but they look great on you!

Andreia Santos said...

Really nice colours! They both look fabulous on you. I am not a lipstick girl (more of a lipbalm and lipgloss kind of girl) but I am trying to find lipsticks I might like. So far I really like the Rimmel London lipsticks. I find them very moisturizing.

beckiangel44 said...

ahh I really want to purchase an Estee Lauder lippie! those shades look lovely :) xo

Unknown said...

Both of these look amazing on you. Very lush. xx

Rebecca Maureen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, it is bold & natural at the same time!! I have a lot of Clinique :)

Viv said...

they are beautiful on you, i don't know that much about makeup so i just try everything.. i like using lipstain though :)


myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

lul said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that colour!

Ashley said...

That last one is fab and looks great on you! Love it. I might have to try this out. I've been pretty content with Clinique's "A Different Lipstick" (or something like that)...it's a lot more glossy than regular lipstick and it goes on like a dream! They don't offer too many colors, though.

joana said...

Tambem adorooo os meus! Fiz um post sobre eles!!

Gertrude said...

Wow the packaging is really lovely! They are both great but Cocoa Rose looks amazing on you! x

All Made Up said...

Such a good offer! I love the freebies that come with magazines, esp when it's a really good brand that I wouldn't normally splash out on!

I have Cocoa rose and it's been a favourite of mine for ages - I think my first ever high end lipstick was by Estee Lauder and I've adored them ever since :)

P.S. your skin looks totally fab in the pics - mine doesnt even look that good when I've applied my makeup :p

liz said...

Cocoa rose looks good on you ! :)
Anw, i love revlon lipstick, because it is quite cheap and have lots of color :)

Liz Secret Rendezvous

Marie said...

These are nice shades, wearable and go well with your skin tone.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Sofia said...

Amazing colours :D