September 20, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation




Whenever seasons change, I always like to change my foundation routine. When the weather change, your skin needs change as well, so you have to adapt your skin care routine and your foundation routine. 
I chose the L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation as my Summer foundation and it will be with me throughout the Fall as well. 

What it promises: "Flawless skin as if lift-from-within.

With age, skin can becomes dull and tired. L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation helps give instant skin radiance. You will be glowing inside and out.
Light texture, let's skin breathe with 24 hours of hydration."

I have combination-oily skin that is acne prone. I also have really sensitive pale skin and this foundation didn't broke me out or irritated my skin which is a plus.
Even though this foundation gives you a glow, it doesn't made my already oily skin oilier that's why it worked for me, so if you have oily skin, I don't think you'll have to shy away from this foundation, specially if you set it with a good powder. 

My shade C1 Rose Pearl

I have pale skin with neutral undertones which means that I can go with yellow or rosy tones. Because this foundation was for the summer I chose a rosy tone that would be a little deep than my natural skin tone, and it blended perfectly! The texture of the foundation is quite runny which didn't bother me at, after all is supposed to be a light foundation!


Without any make-up


Here's my pale face without any make up on. I'm breaking out a little bit on my forehead (new college anxiety) and I have huge dark circles as you can see. The only thing I have in these pictures are a moisturizer and a lip balm! 


Only with the foundation on

Here's two pictures with me only wearing the foundation and you can see how it photographs with and without any flash. I applied it with the Jemma Kidd flat top foundation brush as I don't like to apply this foundation with my hands, the finish is much shiny that way. 
As you can see, it didn't cover up my breakouts that well because the coverage is light and if I build it up it only gets greasier so a layer is fine. It gave a healthy glow to my skin and my dark circles weren't as noticeable. It didn't cover my redness as well, but that's what concealers are for right? 
I use two pumps to cover all my face and neck and it's enough. When I set it with powder it lasts on my skin 6 to 8 hours tops, so it's not that long wearing but it could be worse!


Full make-up

Here's the finished look! I settled the foundation with the Make Up Forever HD Powder and it took some of the shine away. This foundation doesn't have spf in it but it definitely doesn't photograph that well I must say, it could be better. But for the naked eye, the foundation is seamless on your skin and it doesn't exaggerate your pores which is always a plus for me.
Overall is a great foundation, specially if you don't have that much problem areas to cover and just want a everyday light foundation!

I bought mine from feelunique.com as here in Portugal the cost of it is much more expensive and my shade isn't even available here! 

I hope you found this review helpful, any question feel free to ask them on the comments,

Marisa  < 3   

8 comments:

Gemma Etc. said...

I've seen so many YouTube guru's use this foundation, I'll have to give it ago! xx

Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

Unknown said...

You have such lovely skin without makeup too :( xx

Unknown said...

I think you look lovely! I've heard this a good foundation too and I think you photographed lovely with it :) xx

Lucie said...

Your skin is so beautiful!

journeysthroughmeadows.blogspot.com

jennie said...

Great review sweet! I'll have to try this soon <3

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

Marisa said...

Thank you so much girls <3

Marie a la Mode said...

You have great skin, you don't need much makeup!

Lucie said...

Thanks girlie!